- Clarke Cyber Talk: Working Single Mom

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Working Single Mom

I remember when I made a lot more money. I had to move to another state. We packed up and moved from the West Coast to the East Coast. I will get to that story later. A year ago we bought a house thinking we would rent it out and become investors. The house sat vacant for six months. We never got around to renting it out. Only God knew what was in store for us. I now work for a real estate company, but I am not a realtor in this state. I actually work in the office 9 to 6 and it's hard for me. I have always had the freedom of coming and going to the office. Now I have to punch a time clock (first for me) in/out my hours and a hour for lunch. I know this is how it is done in the work place, but for me I have been a realtor for the last 10 years. The real estate market is not moving as rapidly as it was a year ago. I don't know what to do with my life. I hear other realtors complaining about the market and how slow it's moving. Home prices are still too high. Everyday I tell myself, this is what I have to do to make ends meet and have a roof over our heads. The kids talk with their father on the phone almost every day. I told him to call only once or twice a day. He's on a minutes plan at the facility. I believe it is 300 minutes a month and 400 minutes for November and December, both Holiday months. We write to each other almost every week and the kids write too. We love getting mail from daddy. CC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home