- Clarke Cyber Talk: Wife of a Felon

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wife of a Felon

I feel the need to talk with someone about my life and how it has changed sinced my huband was convicted last year. He was dealing with a bad client. He is now serving time in prison and we have another year to go. My future is not clear but I keep on praying that things will get better for me and my kids. We have two kids together. A boy and girl and they are not aware that their father is serving his time in prision.

It all started a year ago, my husband had a full time job, I was working as a realtor part-time so I could be with my kids until they got older and I would return to work full-time. My husband was dealing with a guy that was evil. I told him to stop working with this man because he wasn't paying him on time or not at all. I just had a feeling about him. When clients don't pay and give you the run around, you begin to suspect something is wrong and it usually is. All of this took place back in 2001. My husband didn't listen to me. Sometimes instead of paying my husband for his work he would give him gifts. Paintings, wine, etc. and he even gave him his Mercedes Benz (2 seater, I'm not sure of the make) for a weekend. I knew he did this just to keep my husband satisfied until he could make his payment. Payments would come every now and then and sometimes every month. I would tell my husband, you should let him go. You don't need him. Why do you keep working with him? My husband would say, I'm going to let him go soon. and I would just look at him. In October 2004, the Federal Bureau of Investigations came to our home and asked to see my husband. Honestly, I was so shocked that they were at my house I said, who? Who are you? Now at this time my husband or myself did not know what was happening or why they were there, or even asking for him? (I thought to myself before is responded to them, what do they want with Jonathon?) So I said to the FBI men, just a moment and closed the door and I went and got my husband. I said, Jonathon there's 2 FBI men at the front door asking for you. He said to me, are you sure? I told him yes. They showed me a badge. ( I will continue tomorrow, I have to go to work). CC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home